The Spain Wine School is responsible for the wine studies department of the international university The American College in Spain, an International Center of Broward College in Florida. In 2012 our university absorbed all the wine programs and events developed and conducted at The Wine Academy of Spain.
In 2007 we developed the Spanish Wine Experience, the only course available until today on the Spanish Wine Industry. With the support of numerous Spanish wine organizations, we have conducted more than 100 courses in more than 80 cities of 20 countries, from the U.S. to China. From 2017 onwards the course is available in a state-of–the-art online format in two levels.
The American College Spain
The American College in Spain (ACS) is the first American University in Andalusia. Located in the city of Marbella, Malaga, the American College in Spain offers a curriculum based on the U.S. university system. The American College in Spain is academically an International Center of Florida's Broward College, the fifth largest university in the US.
In 2012, ACS absorbed all the wine educational programs developed by The Wine Academy of Spain in order to create and create its own wine education department.
Pancho is the Director of the wine department of ACS, as well as the Marketing Manager for this prestigious university center. He is also the CEO for Chrand Marketing & Events and founder of The Wine Academy of Spain, and former tennis professional and Olympic participant with 25 years of experience organizing events at the highest level.
Although no longer a member of the IMW, Pancho was the first Spaniard to become Master of Wine. Pancho has attended several summer courses at UC-Davis; he is a Certified Sherry Educator and has wine studies in Bordeaux, Germany and Austria. He was the brain behind Winefuture Rioja and Hong Kong, the most unique and highest-level wine trade conferences and which featured master classes with Robert Parker. Pancho was also the organizer of the master classes with Robert Parker in Rioja and Hong Kong. He is also the organizer of the World Conference on Climate Change & Wine that featured keynote speakers Al Gore and Kofi Annan. He is the founder of the Spanish Wine Experience.
Pancho has worked with the likes of Francis Ford Coppola, Sting, Andre Agassi, Pink Floyd, Stefan Edberg, Al Gore, Kofi Annan, Enrique Iglesias, and many other celebrities. He has also collaborated with some of the most prestigious brands and personalities of the wine industry, such as: Freixenet, Torres, Mondavi, Opus One, DO Campo de Borja, DOCa Rioja, DO Rías Baixas, Gonzalez Byass, DO Jerez, and many wine names such as Robert Parker, Jancis Robinson, Michel Rolland, Miguel Torres, and many others. Pancho has recently published his first book, through Penguin Random House, called “Inspírate”.
- The Spanish Wine Experience course it’s the world´s first educational program focusing on the Spanish Wine Industry. From 2016 onwards it is also being offered on an online format.
- Our experience expands over a decade educating more than 2000 wine professionals from over 25 countries about the Spanish wine industry.
- Our Spanish Wine Experience program has helped numerous wineries, importers, retailers and restaurants to understand what Spanish wines have to offer so as to improve their businesses.
- The program is conducted entirely by Spanish wine professionals with an in-depth knowledge of the country, its industry, people, history and idiosyncrasies.
- Our association with Chrand Marketing & Events allows us to offer the most comprehensive and complete marketing and event management courses for the wine industry. This association also allows us to assemble state-of-the-art events, and corporate entertainment.